Tuesday, June 11, 2019

PM20

So yeah, 20 reviews later, here we are. It's not starting to feel like a grind yet, but I am learning which assignments to pick and choose as I go along. I think I'd like to focus on bands and albums that are entirely new to me, rather than bands I already know and like, or reissues of material from a long time ago. It's healthy to look forward and it's also more fun to write about the discovery of new music and how it reveals itself, rather than to revisit old ideas and feelings about music you already know. So that's been an interesting piece of self-discovery. But I've genuinely enjoyed all of the assignments, and I'm looking forward to more. There are three coming up that are particularly interesting. I need to get back to that now.

PM Archive

No comments:

Post a Comment