Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Process - Update

So there was a post named "Process" a little while ago. This was where things stood at that time:



After a lot of tinkering, and revisiting, and my usual trick of layering and scraping, we finally have a finished product, and it looks like this:



You can still see the middle, just about, but it's otherwise just about unrecognizable. Hard to imagine that we could have come so far from where we started, and ended up where we ended up, but that's what happens with painting, and what (mostly) makes it so interesting and fun. It's also what happens with so much of life, when you wonder to yourself, how on earth did I get here? I thought I was over there. I've been alive for a long-ish time and I still don't understand that dynamic. Anyway, this finished painting is now part of the Shape of Water series I posted about recently, for what it's worth, and it's called Walk Out to Winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment